Kate has been the Chief People and Communications Officer at Fletcher Building since 2011. Prior to that she was the GM People and Communications at Coca-Cola Amatil, and before that she held various senior HR roles in London working in the Investment Banking sector for Companies like ABN Amro, Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank.
Kate and her leadership team have delivered a significant HR transformation at Fletcher Building including:
- The first Company in New Zealand to implement Workday
- Implementation of an internationally recognised leadership curriculum that provides development to over 500 leaders globally per annum
- Established a learning academy that delivers programmes to over 9,000 learners annually
- Strong focus on talent management that has seen the number of internal promotions increase and succession risk mitigated
- Development and implementation of an award winning graduate programme
- Created the platform to drive a high performance and high engagement culture across the group
- Diversity and Inclusion strategy embedded across the Company
The Fletcher Building People team has received the following recognition for their achievements:
- HRINZ (2015 Award for HR Innovation, Talent Development and Management, Person of the Year, Christian Dahmen Memorial award, 2016 Supportive CEO of the Year),
- Silver award at the European Foundation for Management for the Leaders Edge programme,
- Silver – at the International Leadership 500 awards for the Step Up leadership programme
- Winner of Youth In-work Mentoring Award, ATEED Young at Hearts Awards 2016,
- Highly Commended Tomorrow’s Workforce for FB Talent Force, Diversity Works 2016
Kate is also a Board member of both the Blues and the Auckland Rugby Union, and she has participated in two panel reviews undertaken by the New Zealand Rugby Union looking at Respect and Responsibility and also Diversity within the sport.